Tuesday, February 15

the lonely star state

flanked by much needed, craving-fulfilling trips to chipotle [we do not have such luxuries in memphis], the weekend was nothing short of incredible. filled with nonstop laughter and a reminder of the way life ought to be. magical, really.
it got me thinking, what is the ultimate goal in this life? is it to do and see as much as we possibly can? is it to build a life with the ones we love? or is it, dare i say, to possibly achieve both? i am so puzzled, so completely torn on where i should land. alas, i will live for these weekends and learn to love where i have temporarily planted my feet. i will trust where i am at. i will survive on memories of the pure joy that is afternoon dreamstorming at ikea, evenings in with new recipes, the record player and a glass of wine, cold river walk strolls, and giggles until my gut hurts. thank you for renewing the hope in my heart, the merriment in my soul and the peace in my thoughts. may our love know no bounds and allow us to have it all... to truly achieve both.

No comments:

Post a Comment