Tuesday, March 15

flooded

current photo of the flooded mississippi river across from my house
my banks have surrendered and i am overflowing with thanksgiving, humility and happiness. for the past week or so, i have been avoiding my mailbox. not really wanting to face reality [read lack of motivation described in earlier posts]. but, today i decided to take down the wall of mediocrity and let reality wash over me. and today, right there outside my little mail station, i cried. because what i found was completely overwhelming. not only did i have two refund envelopes from my student loans [yahoo!], but three huge packages from people i love. one of which was especially touching. 
isn't it funny how there are people in life that know exactly what you need, without you, yourself, even realizing it? a dear, kind, compassionate friend sent the answer to my apathy. a card that so perfectly articulated my every thought, my every need and a book of reflection to move me forward. even though i could not find the time or the words to respond to her facebook message, she knew. even though the thank you card i have been meaning to send her is still in my outgoing pile, she knew. even though it has been over a year since we last saw one another, she knew. and i am so very grateful.

"are you upset little friend? have you been lying awake worrying? well, don't worry... i'm here. the flood waters will recede, the famine will end, the sun will shine tomorrow, and i will always be here to take care of you." [charlie brown to snoopy]
may each of your days be happier than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment