Tuesday, March 8

mardi gras

new orleans circa 1900
whoa boy, has it been a fat, pudgy, busting at the seams tuesday. one of my patients brought me a slice of cheese cake and i promptly devoured it. and then lack of inspiration in the kitchen led me to overeating for dinner. at least tomorrow brings a new beginning. i always enjoy the lenten season. not only does it give us a tactile, solid reminder of our faith, but it is also like a second chance for those new year goals gone astray. and boy do i need a redo on those goals. now if you will excuse me, i need to go finish off my two liter of diet dr. pepper and eat some more unhealthy food.

do you observe lent? how are you celebrating mardi gras? may this time of year, this spring renewal, be an opportunity to cleanse your soul and become in touch with your priorities. enjoy the last few hours of the mardi party!

No comments:

Post a Comment