Monday, April 18

bluejay blues

former classmates and professor. enlightening night.
on friday night creighton [my alma mater] hosted a reception for alumni, faculty and current students. holy wake up call. why was i so ready to be done with school? i know you all warned me of this feeling and i promptly swore you were crazy, but per usual, you were right. it all just made me ache for taking notes, making presentations [powerpoint is one of my guilty pleasures], coming up with creative projects, having an incredible schedule and being surrounded by kind, supportive, wise people. i absolutely took this time in my life for granted. dang. another lesson learned for my present situation, i suppose. for all those kiddos out there desperate for a pay check and free nights/weekends... develop relationships with your professors and classmates, work hard and take that work seriously, enjoy the ten to two schedule and just be in the moment, in this season of life. you pinky swear you will do that? good.

No comments:

Post a Comment