Sunday, May 8

guiding thoughts [mother's day edition]

grea- grandma wiltz
"my mother was the most beautiful woman i ever saw. all i am i owe to my mother. i attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education i received from her." [george washington]

motherhood. such a loaded word. in just one moment, a woman's life is suddenly redefined and so much bigger than she ever imagined it could be. or so i've heard. quite luckily [as i have no idea how i could possibly deserve such blessings] i have been unequivocally blessed with an incredible lineage of mothers. my great-grandma gave rise to a strong, compassionate, hard working, incredibly loving mother who taught my own mama those traits and so many more that words cannot even describe. if i can turn out to be half of the mother, wife, sister, friend, daughter that she is, i will have lived a full life. george says it best, everything that i am or ever dream to be can be attributed to a lifetime of sacrifice, love, education and support from my magnificent mother. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment