Wednesday, May 2

may day

images via stephmodo
happy new month of may, loves! 
may first was a very special day in my house. my fab momma always made a point to send may day baskets to our neighbors and friends. it was a tradition that we always looked forward and truly enjoyed. 
as my sister and i were reflecting on this tradition yesterday, i got to thinking. does everyone secretly leave gifts on doorsteps during the evening of may 1? this is absolutely a tradition i hope to continue with my own family one day. along with about a billion others. 
our may day baskets were always potted flowers. i think my mom truly wanted to bring a fresh, joyful start to spring with this idea. and i love it. wouldn't these fresh blooms on a box of goodies also be a stunning idea? must store this idea away for years and years down the road. 
may your new month be filled with new life, new friends, and new opportunities. 
happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment