Wednesday, January 18

life cleanse

after several weeks months of holiday indulgences, my body and mind were beginning to feel the wrath of an unhealthy lifestyle. don't get my wrong, i loved every single second of carb overload, lazy days, overspending and a happy heart. but, back in the land of reality, the happy heart was feeling awfully heavy. once the last christmas ornament was packed away [just last weekend no doubt], so did the overindulgence. and thus begins a life cleanse.
i attempted something similar in the beginning of october and have never felt better. the only difference is that back then i had a mean man telling me to do eight billion squat jumps and now... it's just me. and a simple goal to feel good about myself. sure, i'm dropping carbs for awhile [minus fruit] - yes, i'm busting it in the gym [minus squat jumps] - of course, i'm getting more sleep and taking my vitamins - duh, i'm watching what i spend [oops old navy]. but, more importantly, i'm forcing tricking myself into being happy with where i am at. 
because at the end of the day, that is what is going to help me love myself. and be healthy. the mindset. the attitude. the optimism. i won't bore you with the details, but i may use you this blog to hold me accountable. won't you join me? there's no better moment to begin. let's go.
post script: best guilt free fruit dip ever? greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey. a fabulous breakfast or energy boosting pre-gym snack. try it. it's delish!

1 comment: